Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Private Instance + EPEL
  • From: Rolf Krahl <rolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 20:10:21 +0200
Andrew

Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014, 11:16:33 schrieb Andrew Melo:

Hello all, I've been using/playing with a private OBS instance for a bit
and I'm really enjoying it. Kudos to the developers!

Agree!

On my private instance, I'd like to build some packages with BuildRequires
that only exist (in Centos/RHEL) in the EPEL repository. These packages
(correctly) error out with "unresolvable". I've searched the best I can,
but I can't seem to find a way to enable the EPEL repository for the centos
build target. Does anyone have a suggestion for this?

I had the same problem. As far as I know there are no EPEL packages on
OBS to use as build requires.

So here is what I do: I set up my own EPEL subprojects[1]. In these
subprojects:

- I put those EPEL packages that I need for build in my other projects.
- I upload the original sources from EPEL without any modifications.
- Disable publish. (There is no point in publishing the build results,
users should rather get the original packages directly from EPEL.)

In my production projects that need the EPEL packages:

- I configure the respective EPEL project as additional path.

This way, my packages in the production projects may use the EPEL
packages for build. They will get linked to the same libraries in the
same version and configuration as the original libs in the corresponding
original EPEL packages. Users of my production projects will also need
to have EPEL configured as install source and installing my packages will
have the original EPEL packages as dependencies.

[1]: See https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:Rotkraut:EPEL:5
and https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:Rotkraut:EPEL:6