Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to install the right kernel
On Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014, 15:54:04 wrote Ruediger Meier:
Hi,

I see that usually there are no kernels installed on OBS machines.
And they are running different flavours (xen, default, ...)
Is there an easy way to BuildRequire the kernel rpm which matches the
running kernel (if such rpm exists at all)?

Yes, we have a mechanism for that, but our current base distros are not
yet prepared for it.

Check for example the Kernel:HEAD project, when you build against the QA
repo you get the kernel from that project.

To build your own kernel, you need to clone the kernel-obs-build package
in your project, built it and add the following to prjconf:

VMinstall: kernel-obs-build

OBS will use that kernel binary then, either for KVM or XEN dependending on
the build host.

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg