[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Branched package fails to build without any modifications
  • From: Joschi Brauchle <joschi.brauchle@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 11:51:09 +0200
On 05/20/2014 11:12 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Joschi Brauchle <joschi.brauchle@xxxxxx> writes:

The package fails to build (error during build section with "xmllint"
failing) although there are no modifications! I am wondering how this can
happen and why did the package build correctly in the original
"openSUSE:13.1" then?

You are building against openSUSE:13.1:Update, which is not the same as
openSUSE:13.1.

Andreas.

Ah, okay, thanks!

As I originally branched the package on the web UI, there seems to be a problem there.

Steps to reproduce:
Click "branch package" here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:13.1/sssd
and accept.

Notice a that the new repository is called "branches:openSUSE:13:Update" and not "branches:openSUSE:13.1" as expected.

Is this behavior intended?

Best regards,
Joschi Brauchle