Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Branched package fails to build without any modifications
On Dienstag, 20. Mai 2014, 10:38:17 wrote Joschi Brauchle:
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right email list to ask questions about
building packages on OBS, but I'll try anyway.

I branched the "SSSD" package from the official openSUSE:13.1 repository
into my home repo here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:endzone:branches:openSUSE:13.1:Update/sssd195

The package fails to build (error during build section with "xmllint"
failing) although there are no modifications! I am wondering how this
can happen and why did the package build correctly in the original
"openSUSE:13.1" then?

It did for sure :). However, OBS redirects you by default the maintenance
updates we released meantime. It might be that one of these updates
broke it.

You can add another repository to your project not building against
openSUSE:13.1:Update
but against openSUSE:13.1 to verify if that is the case.

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany