Re: [opensuse-buildservice] run commands from spec file as root
On Wednesday 14 May 2014, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 05/14/2014 10:56 PM, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Of course but since you are also upstream active it could be just
interesting to discover some bugs.

I already did that in the past - that's why 'make
check-very-expensive' now passes on OBS only with a little set of
NOPed-out tests, and with very little false-positive fallout. ;-)

> OBS build hosts are somehow special

in comparison to real full-featured machines.

You can tell! Most problems are timing issues because e.g. the file
system performance is sometimes not that predictable. And there's
things like aarch64 ...

Hehe I know. Recently I've spent a few weeks to fix almost everything
for util-linux' non-root checks. Now I've started to review root
checks ... again a lot of work.

But it's worth! While most issues just needed to be fixed in the
test-suite itself, a few ones weretrue bugs. But the most benefit is
that, once the tests are fixed we can enable them on OBS to discover
newly added bugs automatically. Thats why we should run tests as
complete as possible inclusive sudo.

cu,
Rudi