Re: [opensuse-buildservice] run commands from spec file as root
On Wednesday 14 May 2014, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 05/14/2014 01:10 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Yes, but it needs also an exception on the server side for that
package.

While I understand that root access is really needed for a lot of
test cases, we want to ensure that build src.rpms do not damage a
user system.

Therefor we will also not allow root for building rpms in future.

But we will work on QA features (hopefully later this year).
And I take this as input for them ...

Thanks.
To be clear: coreutils-testsuite does not need to %build as root,
and in fact successfully runs *many* tests as non-root today, but
I would like to run the root-tests, too [1]. Something like:

%check
make check-very-expensive # run non-root
tests sudo env PATH="$PATH" NON_ROOT_USERNAME=$USER \
make -k check-root # now run root
tests ...

For now you could use Lars' trick like I'am doing now in
home:rudi_m:branches:Base:System/util-linux

BuildRequires: root4abuild
sudo -E make check ...

You could aggregate root4abuild from home:rudi_m. There I have a rpmlint
fixed package for most distros and archs.

cu,
Rudi