Re: [opensuse-buildservice] run commands from spec file as root
On 05/14/2014 01:10 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Yes, but it needs also an exception on the server side for that package.

While I understand that root access is really needed for a lot of test cases,
we want to ensure that build src.rpms do not damage a user system.

Therefor we will also not allow root for building rpms in future.

But we will work on QA features (hopefully later this year).
And I take this as input for them ...

Thanks.
To be clear: coreutils-testsuite does not need to %build as root,
and in fact successfully runs *many* tests as non-root today, but
I would like to run the root-tests, too [1]. Something like:

%check
make check-very-expensive # run non-root tests
sudo env PATH="$PATH" NON_ROOT_USERNAME=$USER \
make -k check-root # now run root tests

A new macro %obssudo would be cool ... ;-)

[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Base:System/coreutils-testsuite/coreutils-testsuite.spec?expand=1

Thanks & have a nice day,
Berny