[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-java] SLE_11 ant 1.9.3 failure: 'Type mismatch'
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:23:40 +0200
On 23/04/14 15:04, Darin Perusich wrote:
That's a good question, and the answer isn't apparent from reviewing
the .changes. There are some old comments, 2008, about building with
gcj to allow for openjdk6 bootstrapping so perhaps it's related to
that and was simply never updated to use openjdk. Regardless, I've
updated my branch of the package to use openjdk and it builds
successfully across all the distributions. I've submit these changes
back to the main repo.

I think it may be related that SLE-11 did not have IBM java-1.6.0 for ia64:

ExclusiveArch: %ix86 ppc ppc64 s390 s390x x86_64

However I do see a SUSE:Updates:SLE-11/java-1_6_0-openjdk in our
internal repo, but it is not in the ia64 pool

In any case, for the development project in OBS, which builds for SLE-11
as a backport and is intended for future releases, I don't see a problem
of starting using openjdk 1.6 to build instead of gcj.

About the bootstrap, it may be related to that openjdk also needs ant to
build right?

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany