[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-java] SLE_11 ant 1.9.3 failure: 'Type mismatch'
  • From: Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:04:29 -0400
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 3:14 AM, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 22/04/14 18:46, Darin Perusich wrote:

Type mismatch: cannot convert from Object to char[]

Curious, why does the package build with gcj and not with openjdk?

That's a good question, and the answer isn't apparent from reviewing
the .changes. There are some old comments, 2008, about building with
gcj to allow for openjdk6 bootstrapping so perhaps it's related to
that and was simply never updated to use openjdk.

Regardless, I've updated my branch of the package to use openjdk and
it builds successfully across all the distributions. I've submit these
changes back to the main repo.