Re: [opensuse-buildservice] obs 2.5.1 as local installation - a first glance
On Dienstag, 22. April 2014, 15:55:49 wrote Stefan Botter:
Hi Adrian,

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:14:21 +0200
"Adrian Schröter" <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dienstag, 22. April 2014, 10:47:56 wrote Stefan Botter:
- the search in the web frontend does not work, thinking sphinx
seems not being able to talk to the database

If you have the config/production.sphinx.conf file, a simple

rake ts:index ts:start

should index and start the searchd . The original idea was that
clockworkd is starting it ....

Great! The search works now. Will it start automatically the next time
I boot the machine and start up the services?

- the system is catastrophically slow, and I mean "slow" with a
capital "S"!
Compared with the performance of 2.4.6 it seems to need the
triple amount of CPU, and four times disk IO - these data come from
PMBS.

Do you speak about api, scheduler, worker or what ?

PMBS is running everything except a worker, so mysql, api, src_server,
rep_server, signer, scheduler, dispatcher. Please see the attached
images from pnp4nagios. I updated PMBS on Apr 19th, and around 3 pm the
system started to burn ...

hm, a bit more detailed debug logs would be needed. If it is just the delayed
jobs for example, it might be that just the data update/scanning jobs do have
some
more long running work directly after the update. But it will go away ...

Can you check which processes do use the CPU/IO mostly?
Maybe an strace on that might be helpful.

The system is a 8GB, 4CPU VM in vCenter, on a OK-performing RAID10 of
14 disks.

Is there someone, who has tried to downgrade to 2.4.6 again, and is
this possible at all, apart from replaying a backup?

I doubt that the db rollback will work that far....

Thought so, but I will secure my backup from 2.4.6 to be able to go
back - for the time being.

Another thing: where do I report setup issues with the appliance to?
Github, or Bugzilla?

Greetings,

Stefan

github is fine.