Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "quick" way to checkout a repo
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:02:46 +0200
On 2014-04-15 12:23:27 -0400, Darin Perusich wrote:
Is there is a "quick" way to checkout a repository, like mirror
w/rsync, aria2c, or something like that? I need to checkout the
devel:languages:R:CRAN-packages repository, or at least a very large
number of packages, which has some 3400+ packages and checking out
w/osc is going to take a long time.

I assume you want to checkout the source "project" and not the (binary)
repository. AFAIK, there is no way to checkout the sources except doing
a http request for each single file.

I think we could speed up osc's checkout process, if the backend has
support for retrieving the source files of a package in a single
cpio archive. Adding such a feature shouldn't be too hard (the workers
already retrieve the sources this way).

Any opinions?

Marcus