Re: [opensuse-buildservice] permission denied on SLES
On Mittwoch, 2. April 2014, 15:46:53 wrote Darin Perusich:
Hello All,

I'm trying to fix a package build on SLES and I would have thought
adding norootforbuild would have fixed it but it's still happening.

No, that is not enough, the OBS admin has to allow building as root.

We do so to avoid dangerous src.rpms, which do affect user systems when
they build it with plain rpm.

We could add a permission for this package if there is a good reason.
So what is the reason that you avoid a clean BuildRoot here?

When the build is Processing files it can't find file files and during
%doc execution I'm getting permission denied to create the %docdir.

I feel like this should be trivial and staring me right in the face.
Can someone talk a look at this?

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:deadpoint:branches:Java:packages/jakarta-commons-dbcp-src

[ 3s] Processing files: jakarta-commons-dbcp-src-1.2.2-0
[ 3s] error: File not found: /usr/src/commons-dbcp
[ 3s] Executing(%doc): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68448
[ 3s] + umask 022
[ 3s] + cd /usr/src/packages/BUILD
[ 3s] + cd commons-dbcp-1.2.2-src
[ 3s] + DOCDIR=/usr/share/doc/packages/jakarta-commons-dbcp-src
[ 3s] + export DOCDIR
[ 3s] + rm -rf /usr/share/doc/packages/jakarta-commons-dbcp-src
[ 3s] + /bin/mkdir -p /usr/share/doc/packages/jakarta-commons-dbcp-src
[ 3s] /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory
`/usr/share/doc/packages/jakarta-commons-dbcp-src': Permission denied
[ 3s] error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68448 (%doc)
[ 3s] error: File not found:
/usr/share/doc/packages/jakarta-commons-dbcp-src

--
Later,
Darin

(AG Nürnberg)