Re: [opensuse-buildservice] package rebuild is not triggered by dependent package rebuilt
On Freitag, 14. März 2014, 00:49:01 wrote UkJung Kim:
2014. 3. 13. 오후 4:45에 "Adrian Schröter" <adrian@xxxxxxx>님이 작성:

On Donnerstag, 13. März 2014, 13:50:01 wrote ukjung.kim@xxxxxxxxx:
I have some packages in my home obs project
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:nereusuj:rebuild-test

The package build dependency is as following.

build-info <- product-features <- liba-devel-meta, libb-devel-meta <- c

And obs project conf has a macro to control rpm macros.

Macros:
%build_project_name m_1
#build_project_name m_2
:Macros

What I expected is that product-features and other related packages
would be
triggered rebuilt If I changed macro in project conf and rebuild
build-info
package.
The results is that build-info package build result had changed but
other
packages were not rebuilt.

build triggering does happen only when sources changed, rpms changed or
dependencies
changed.

as long, as you just change macros it will not happen.

the scheduler has basically no idea which packages will be affected
(because
the change can not only happen in spec files, but also inside the source
of
a package).

You basically need to rebuild your package/project manually here.

The build-info rpm has changed because I changed macro in project conf and
it changes build script behavior. Isn't it enough to trigger rebuild
product-features rpm because it dependes on build-info rpm?

yes, as long as it is tracked as required package. you can check this
via "osc buildinfo" call. It must not be a "supported" package, changes
there get ignored.

If I changed build-info source itself, it triggers rebuild product-features
rpm and other related rpms.
Do you have any idea regarding it?
I need your help.

SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB
21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany