Re: [opensuse-buildservice] enabling networking for workers
On Montag, 10. März 2014, 16:39:56 wrote Darin Perusich:
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Montag, 10. März 2014, 14:33:21 wrote Darin Perusich:
Hello All,

I'm running a private instance and I'd like to enable networking on my
workers so they can build some java apps, via maven, which need to
download pom's/war's from the net. I ask google but he wasn't much
help so I'm hoping someone here can help;-)

How can I go about doing this?

you can build inside of chroot. Of course you will get unreproducable
build results, random build failures and all used packages can get
root permissions on this system.

So does this mean I need to log into my OBS server, it's a vmware
system w/a worker on each virtual cpu, and 'sudo chroot
/var/cache/obs/worker/root_1/' and run rpmbuild manually? If that's
the case it kinda defeats the purpose of dispatching them to my OBS
server to build to build across the various distro's I have enabled.
If you could point me at some documentation which details how to build
in a chroot i'd appreciate it.

You need to set

OBS_VM_TYPE="none"

in /etc/sysconfig/obs-server on all systems which run a worker. So in
your case just the vmware system. It may use chroot actually already,
if no kvm support got detected.

I'm aware the results may not be reproducible, etc and I'm fine with
this and accept the risk, I'm running private instance and not asking
for this on public system.

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg