Re: [opensuse-buildservice] EXE package format
  • From: Martin Koegler <martin.koegler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 20:13:33 +0100
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 06:47:49PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Wednesday 2014-02-26 10:48, Adrian Schröter wrote:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:e9925248:mingw/mingw64-grandorgue

cool...

First, thanks. I'll forward the link to some users.

IMHO the version and also the release number of the spec file should be part
of these files. Otherwise there is no way how mirrors and users can
destinguish between
them.

Mirrors (that is, the rsyncing process) should be able to look at the
timestamp of the file, and so do users. It's not ideal, but getting
the files mirrored at all seems worthwhile.

Each publish regenerates repomd.xml - so if the mirrors could not handle this,
we would see
lots of outdated or invalid repository content on the mirrors.

For the users, %release would not matter in my case. The source is extracted
from SVN, %version includes
the revision and the installer is self-contained. It simply does not matter, if
the installer is build using
GCC 4.7.1 or 4.7.2.

I thought of just gobbling up all files from the OTHER/ directory
that match /-%version-%release\./ (no BOL or EOL anchors!).
That does not give you the freedom you have with rpm filenaming,
but better than nothing.

Especially for the mingw context, you have to include $ARCH (win32/win64) in
the filename.

In my option, -$ARCH looks better than .$ARCH:
GrandOrgue-0.3.1.1613-win32.exe

Regards,
Martin