Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build time resolver fails after newer package version was added to repo
Am 30.01.2014 20:12, schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2014, 18:21:10 wrote Martin Weber:
Am 30.01.2014 17:40, schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

On Wednesday 2014-01-29 14:35, Martin Weber wrote:

on my private instance, I created a project to host 3rd-party binary
rpms to build against.
One of my packages has a 'Build-Requires: foo = 4.1' and could be
properly built.
After I added package foo-5.0 to the 3rd-party-hosting project, my
packages is unresolvable now: 'nothing provides foo = 4.1'
Does the resolver only take the newest version into account by design or
is this a problem with the foo rpm?

Repositories are most-significant, and after that, package version.
This seems to be by design, and to support multiple concurrent package
versions, they need a different package name.

That's bad news, since these are 3rd-party packages where I cannot
control the package name.

so your only way is to put them in different repositories.

I thought of that solution, but unfortunately different repositories to
build against will require different projects for my own packages. Plus
a whole bunch of download repos then. Way too complicated..

BTW: _Installing_ from a repo that has multiple versions of the same
package works perfectly, at least with yum on CentOS/RHEL. (This is what
I had before migrating to OBS). I'm a little surprised to see
'Build-Requires:'-resolution and 'Requires:'-resolution behave so
differently.

Martin

--