Re: [opensuse-buildservice] AppStream AppData

Quoting Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>:

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 08:49:29AM +0100, Martin Koegler wrote:
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 01:42:15PM +0000, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a. Dimstar wrote:
> in openSUSE 13.1 we provide a gnome-software-appdata which collects
> all *.appdata from all packages (there is also an appdata.xml.gz
> published, but not used by zypper).

Is this just for Factory or can outside OBS projects participate?

The gnome-software-appdata package is just a crude hack to have
some appdata files available. They really should be packaged in the
individual packages.

The APPDATA are indeed to be part of the application packages.
but gnome-software-appdata provides 'appstream data.

Dominique