Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Valgrind-devel package on RHEL
On Dienstag, 14. Januar 2014, 08:26:33 wrote Martin Koegler:
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 10:57:38PM -0800, Greg Banks wrote:
Import the source rpm in your project, limit the built the necessary
distribution, disable publishing and
enable use-for-build flag.

That seemed pretty sensible, so I tried it.

Unfortunately it seems that the valgrind source RPM from RHEL6 won't
build in OBS's RHEL6 VM. The problem seems to be that the VM is
running a much newer kernel than RHEL is supposed to be running. From
the build log

[ 46s] checking for a supported OS... ok (linux-gnu)
[ 46s] checking for the kernel version... unsupported (3.11.6-4-default)
<---
[ 46s] configure: error: Valgrind works on kernels 2.4, 2.6
[ 46s] error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Qzy4DK (%build)

the VM is running 3.11.6, but according to

https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/3078

the most recent supported kernel for RHEL6 is 2.6.32.

Looks like the build VMs are using a generic kernel.
Personally, I would patch configure to handle 3.X the same way as 2.6.

So is there a way to get the real binary valgrind-devel RPM from the
RHEL media installed into the VM?

If you setup your own OBS instance, you can import, whatever you want.

Or you can repackage the RHEL kernel in your so that OBS VM will use it.

If that works we can even make this default in RHEL project.

For reference check

osc co home:adrianSuSE kernel-obs-build

After this package has successfully build for your RHEL repo, add the line

VMinstall: kernel-obs-build

to your prjconf via "osc meta prjconf -e $YOUR_PROJECT".

Any feedback whether you succeed or not would be nice :)

bye
adrian

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5