[opensuse-buildservice] linking to a project
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:27:40 +0100
(Despite the mingw32 references in my question, I think it is a general OBS
question. Not anything specific to mingw32.)

I am trying to build a package that BuildRequires components in
windows:mingw:win32. For example, mingw32-filesystem.
I get a complaint that nothing provides this. I think I may need to link
either to the mingw32-filesystem subproject, or the parent windows:mingw:win32
project.

I looked at
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_project_linking but
still do not have a solution. This documentation seemed to imply that I could
add something like the following to my project meta data:

<link project="windows:mingw:win32"/>

When I add this (via the web GUI) I get this error:

package validation error: Element package has extra content: link

Perhaps that is not where one adds this line? I am okay with trying this via
the obs CLI. I just have not sorted out the syntax...

Is linking the way to access the contents of another project? I do not want to
build or modify these packages. Just access them when building my package.

--
Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems