Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: autoreconf missing in build

On Tuesday 2013-11-26 13:49, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
On Dienstag, 26. November 2013 13:28:29 Andreas Schwab wrote:
Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
while at it, I find it a little surprising (again), that a package like
python3 cannot be built in a new project due to a missing autoconf
package.

autoconf hasn't been part of the default build environment since 12.2.

Okay, I see. Doesn't that mean, that about 90% of all packages using it are
broken in this regard, then?

Nope, because "allâ„¢" packages have it explicitly BuildRequires,
because, turned out (in the 12.2/12.3 release cycle) that
not so many packages need autotools installed all the time.
And for those who do, it was addressed as far as openSUSE
releases went.