Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: autoreconf missing in build
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 13:50 +0100
On Dienstag, 26. November 2013 13:28:29 Andreas Schwab wrote:
Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
while at it, I find it a little surprising (again), that a package like
python3 cannot be built in a new project due to a missing autoconf
package.

autoconf hasn't been part of the default build environment since 12.2.

Okay, I see. Doesn't that mean, that about 90% of all packages using it are
broken in this regard, then?

BTW, I branched python3 from openSUSE:Factory. Why did the build not fail
there? autoconf is not mentioned in factory's prjconf, hence it must be pulled
by an side effect of some other preinstalled package.

Pete