Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Fun with source services
  • From: Greg Banks <gnb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:42:36 -0800
G'day,

Thanks for responding.

On 20 November 2013 12:38, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2013, 10:24:33 schrieb Greg Banks:
[...]
1. If the source service runs correctly, there is no visible log. The
build log starts after that.

2. If the source service fails, the error messages only appear in a tooltip.

source service support in webui has been removed and yet be reimplemented
unfortunatly.

Is there some kind of schedule for re-implementing it?

6. The recompress service could be used to compress the tarball from
tar_scm, but it takes a fixed incoming filename, without wildcards.
This doesn't work when tar_scm is generating a tarball filename which
has a version number encoded in it, which version number is not known
at the time the _service file is written.

No, it does not

osc cat OBS:Server:Unstable/build/_service

Ok, I tried that example and it worked! The difference seems to be
that I was using

<param name="file">novaprova*.tar</param>

instead of

<param name="file">*.tar</param>

Thanks :)

8. For the version number, I wanted to use a timestamp in ISO8601
basic format to day precision, i.e. "20131120" for 20 November 2013.
The closest I can get is to use %ci as the versionformat in the
tar_scm service, but this doesn't quite work. Git gives extended
format to second precision
withhttps://help.github.com/articles/post-receive-hooks timezone, e.g.
2013-11-20 10:06:35 -0800. The tar_scm script tries to clean this
up, but the result still has useless information I don't want and
spaces which break the other services.

tar_scm can be configured to use different version schemes via the
versionformat
parameter. Check the _service file above for an example.

Yep, I know about versionformat, I was using it. What I didn't
realise was that git log was being run with --date=short so that %ad
and %cd would actually do exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the
example!

Also, what's a good way to kick off an OBS build from a GitHub webhook?

https://help.github.com/articles/post-receive-hooks

using tokens and the OBS github plugin. I will document and blog about it
these
days.

I'm very much looking forward to that blog post.

Thanks for all your help!

--
Greg.