Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Crazy hermes...
On 11.11.2013 12:37, Marguerite Su wrote:
Hi...

Today hermes sent me 14 emails about submit-requests and accept
messages from myself at the same time 6:16pm...while those activities
actually happened two days ago.

Yes, I fixed the notifications this morning - it was broken since 7th as
you can see on https://hermes.opensuse.org/statistics

I think our experts may have to look at it...actually:

* Since the very beginning of this year, I can't receive any
notifications on time...eg, I do something on OBS, notifications will
arrive one or two days later...even weeks later...And it will always
bomb you by sending lots of...I think they may stuck somewhere...
It's news to me that this is the generic behaviour - today is special as
clearly visible in the statistics graph.

* I can't receive any notification about SRs against my
repository...eg: someone SRed to M17N:fonts...I can't be aware of it
until I login through web UI...same thing happened to my rejected
requests and accepted requests made by others...well the only type of
SR among such "response needed" types I can receive is the "review
request".
* I always receive two emails telling me about same thing at the same time:
** One is for status change, while the other is just a copy of it.
** One tells me there is a request, while the other tells me I've
already accepted it. (should they arrive at the same time?)

You really need to check your subscriptions.

While maybe it's time to invest in new hardware? ...delayed
notification is spam-like right? or hermes has been changed to an
"archiving" system?
Yes, it's time to work on the notification system. It's actually time
since quite some years, but nobody did it ;(

Greetings, Stephan