[opensuse-buildservice] Crazy hermes...
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:37:01 +0800
Hi...

Today hermes sent me 14 emails about submit-requests and accept
messages from myself at the same time 6:16pm...while those activities
actually happened two days ago.

I think our experts may have to look at it...actually:

* Since the very beginning of this year, I can't receive any
notifications on time...eg, I do something on OBS, notifications will
arrive one or two days later...even weeks later...And it will always
bomb you by sending lots of...I think they may stuck somewhere...
* I can't receive any notification about SRs against my
repository...eg: someone SRed to M17N:fonts...I can't be aware of it
until I login through web UI...same thing happened to my rejected
requests and accepted requests made by others...well the only type of
SR among such "response needed" types I can receive is the "review
request".
* I always receive two emails telling me about same thing at the same time:
** One is for status change, while the other is just a copy of it.
** One tells me there is a request, while the other tells me I've
already accepted it. (should they arrive at the same time?)

While maybe it's time to invest in new hardware? ...delayed
notification is spam-like right? or hermes has been changed to an
"archiving" system?

Greetings

Marguerite