Re: [opensuse-buildservice] %make_install in prjconfig

On Friday 2013-11-08 16:16, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
Dne Pá 8. listopadu 2013 09:51:02, Greg Freemyer napsal(a):
On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I wish spec-cleaner would leave that in place. I often run
spec-cleaner and simply take the output, but then someone who cares
about SLES has to come along after me and clean that up.

We are now in process of cleaning this thing up so definitely people are
welcome on working on spec-cleaner [1].

Seriously we should do this in 2 phases. One where we create the spec file
which is as clean as possible (eg the %make_install macro is used)

Sorry, I do not consider the use of that being "clean".
It's another instance of overdoing it with macros, as it is
with %__cp.

Such (%__cp) is -at most- only useful if you run with a non-GNU
toolchain (meaning you go __cp = gcp), and that is not very likely
happening anytime soon in openSUSE.