Re: [opensuse-buildservice] %make_install in prjconfig
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 09:51:02 -0500
On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thursday 2013-11-07 23:56, Brian K. White wrote:

The current .spec from factory uses %{make_install}
OS versions before 11.2 do not have that macro.

I got it working by making this change to the .spec from the current version
1.8 in factory:

- %{?make_install}

+ %{?make_install} %{!?make_install:%%{__make} install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}}

You can see how horrible that looks. (And it won't be any
better if you stash it in a prjconf.) Just write

make install DESTDIR="%buildroot"

like suggested in all openSUSE (en) wiki entries that mention installation.

I wish spec-cleaner would leave that in place. I often run
spec-cleaner and simply take the output, but then someone who cares
about SLES has to come along after me and clean that up.

Thinking of SLES, when is it expected SLES 10 SP3 will be dropped from
OBS as a repo? At the end of General Availability, or at the end of
the extended availability period. (I'm sure I have the names of the
support periods wrong, but you get the idea.)

Greg