Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Two patches for osc: API URLs with pathname and TLS SNI.
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 15:02:27 +0100
Hi,

On 2013-10-26 03:24:09 +0100, Oleg Girko wrote:
1. Support for API URLs with pathname.

Currently osc supports API URLs without path only, like
https://api.example.com (if there is pathname, it's just ignored).
With this change API URLS with path, like https://example.com/api are
supported correctly.

I just had a quick glance at this patch and so far it looks good. I'll
have a deeper look at it on tuesday.

2. Support for TLS SNI (if M2Crypto supports it).

Currently osc can't access API URLs which share the same IP address with
other
SSL-enabled sites, complaining about certificate not matching hostname.

This change solves this problem by instructing M2Crypto.SSL.Connection to
send
the desired hostname to https server using TLS SNI extension, thus allowing
the server to present the right certificate and choose the right virtual site.

If you're already patching M2Crypto why don't you directly add this feature to
the SSL.Connection class like I proposed here
https://github.com/openSUSE/osc/issues/39#issuecomment-20445405 ? I don't want
to introduce codepaths for such "unofficial" features.

Anyway thanks for the patches so far!

Marcus