Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RedHat 7 rpms signed with OBS signer do not install
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 02:26:43PM +0000, Jeff_Glanz@xxxxxxxx wrote:
When using the OBS signing service, we observe errors during rpm installation
in Redhat 7 x86_64 builds, related to keys in the rpm headers.

For example, after we build and sign the perl-Authen-NTLM rpm, we see this in
a downstream project that attempts to install it:

installing perl-Authen-NTLM-1.02-1.3
error: .init_b_cache/perl-Authen-NTLM.rpm: rpmReadSignature failed: sigh
load: BAD

Research on rpmReadSignature errors reveals rpm header corruption as the root
cause.

Maybe you're using an old version of "obs-signd", we fixed a bug in late
2011 that caused corrupted headers in some cases.

If that's not the issue you'll have to send me the corrupt rpm and I'll
try to figure out what went wrong.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg