Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building xz requires xz
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 05:43:54PM -0400, Brian K. White wrote:

Come on, building xz requires xz ?

I used to build xz on a bunch of old targets so that OTHER packages
that required xz would find it, but now they all fail because the
Base:build/xz I branched from changed to use xz-<version>.tar.xz as
it's source file.

xz itself cannot sanely buildrequires xz!

(wasn't any explicit buildrequires either, just an assumption that
tar would handle a .tar.xz, because the failure was only in the
build logs "tar: file does not appear to be a tar archive", not a
requires/buildrequires resolver message.)

See https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/203465 - hope it will be
accepted.

Regards
Michal Vyskocil