[opensuse-buildservice] Faster Kiwi ISO product builds in OBS

Hi,

Some time ago I set up my own OBS instance for building YaST installation
images.

I noticed that building Kiwi ISO image takes too much time. It turned out that
OBS
was downloading all packages inlucluding source packages (src.rpm) and
debuginfo/debug source packages which are not used in the final ISO image at
all.

In our case the extra packages are over 7GB in size, which is a lot (and this
just
for a small installation DVD, I have selected just "minimal X" packages).

So I decided to look at it during HackWeek. I wanted to get rid of the extra
download
which just wastes space and download bandwidth and make ISO builds faster.
And I was successfull, see more details at
https://hackweek.suse.com/projects/143

So please, comment on this pull request:
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/pull/426

I think this will be usefull also for other people building ISO images in OBS
and it
could speed up ISO builds also in the public OBS instance as well.

Thank you!

Ladislav

--

Ladislav Slezák