Re: [opensuse-buildservice] provider perl-version is obsoleted by installed perl
  • From: Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 11:02:00 -0400
Hi Stefan,

Tried this but it didn't matter, still getting "provider perl-version
is obsoleted by installed perl"
--
Later,
Darin

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 7:02 AM, Stefan Botter
<s.botter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 06:41:56 -0400
Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm trying to update a number of perl packages in d:l:p so they'll
build in SLE_SP3 and after enabling perl-version for SLE_SP3 I'm
getting unresolvable "provider perl-version is obsoleted by installed
perl". The packages in question are perl-CPAN-Meta and
perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements, but I'm sure there are more. This was
brought up on this list last year, different package, but not real
solution was provided from what I can tell.

Can someone provide some insight on what needs to be done to move
past this.

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2012-11/msg00123.html

On packman lots of packages were fixed by

-BuildRequires: perl-macros
+# BuildRequires: perl-macros

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter
Network Manager

Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany

Commercial registry: Amtsgericht Bremen, HRB 18117
President & Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Heinz-Otto Peitgen
Provost & Geschäftsführerin: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Katja Windt
Chair Board of Governors: Prof. Dr. Karin Lochte