Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we fix the Tumbleweed builds
On Don, 2013-10-03 at 09:12 -0700, Greg KH wrote:

so why do you build TW against :Update instead of openSUSE:12.3?

Because sometimes we want to ensure updates rebuild things.

Update channels are considered 'API/ABI' break free for openSUSE...

Really? I have never heard this before, is it a guarantee?

It's probably not 100% true, but it would be close to impossible for ANY
3rd party if the :Update channel has an ABI incompatible change in
libs.. There would be NO WAY for any 3rd party repo to work.

on SLE, there is sort of a guarantee, on openSUSE it's a best effort of
course.. nevertheless, I'm rather use the maintenance team still cares a
lot for it (and if not, they should).

and all the other stuff you have linked inside TW anyway, no?

What do you mean by "other stuff"?

GLIB updates, KDE Updates, Kernel Updates... TW is supposed to be 'more
update than <Release> + Update'. So frankly, I don't see much of a
reason to build TW against the Update channel.

Dominique