Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we fix the Tumbleweed builds

Quoting Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 04:53:57PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a. Dimstar wrote:

Quoting James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Tumbleweed hasn't built for days. It seems to have an incredibly low
>priority, so it mostly gets one or no build jobs and there's something
>changing in Factory that's causing it to require almost a complete
>rebuild every couple of days meaning it hasn't really been making much
>progress. Could we update it to a higher priority and allow it to use
>more build jobs so it has a chance of completing a build before the next
>update?

Changes in Factory do not trigger rebuilds in Tumbleweed; TW is
based on openSUSE 12.3.

Yes, sorry, something is changing in 12.3-updates that is causing
Tumbleweed rebuilds, which is normal, and annoying :)

so why do you build TW against :Update instead of openSUSE:12.3?

Update channels are considered 'API/ABI' break free for openSUSE... and all the other stuff you have linked inside TW anyway, no?

Dominique