Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we fix the Tumbleweed builds

Quoting James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Tumbleweed hasn't built for days. It seems to have an incredibly low
priority, so it mostly gets one or no build jobs and there's something
changing in Factory that's causing it to require almost a complete
rebuild every couple of days meaning it hasn't really been making much
progress. Could we update it to a higher priority and allow it to use
more build jobs so it has a chance of completing a build before the next
update?

Changes in Factory do not trigger rebuilds in Tumbleweed; TW is based on openSUSE 12.3.

A lot of resource is likely allocated at the moment to openSUSE:13.1; which, as some might argue, is about the flagship of where resources should go at this moment.

Besides that, a lot of repos seem to have started 13.1 as build target, putting another large strain on the workers. There are currently > 50'000 build jobs pending, and I don't think changing prio of anything makes the list get any shorter in a different way than it does at the moment.

We're just hit by the success of OBS itself: too many packages to be built for too many targets.

Dominique