Re: [opensuse-buildservice] I suspect that my chromium package build is going wrong
On Tuesday 01 October 2013 15:16:51 James Bond wrote:
correct me if I'm making a wrong assumption) that openSUSE:Factory is
a project that builds packages for OpenSUSE and network:chromium is a
project for building Linux binaries that are distribution agnostic. My

Currently network:chromium builds indeed the chromium package for openSUSE
distro's, but it doesn't any SUSE specific patches, etc to the source tarball.

project is making use of the vanilla source code chromium tarball +
Debian patches and is trying to build a package for the 32bit Debian
Wheezy - same version of chromium as the one in the repository, the
only difference between it and the chromium package from the Debian
repository being that I'm trying to also compile chromedriver and
bundle it into the package.

If I understood you correctly, then the only thing you want is to build the
chromedriver ? If that is correct, then why do you build the full chromium
build ? Building chromium will not give you the chromedriver as that this need
to be explicitly indicated and build separately. The outcome of the
chromedriver build is a single executable which could be packaged separately
(same as happens on openSUSE). You can then decide whether or not to install
that particular package.

Regards

Raymond