Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new OBS ups and downs
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 03:04:16 +0200
Dear Adrian,

On Dienstag, 10. September 2013 11:03:49 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Dienstag, 10. September 2013, 10:45:10 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Hi,

the new expanded setup increased the "felt speed" significantly.

Great work, Adrian, Michael, and Co.

OTOH, I noticed some strange behavior, too.

Please have a look at

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:frispete:python/python-ZODB3

Of course, I tried a rebuild -f already.

Any idea anybody?

sorry, my bad. As coolo found out a commit from me broke the "build
unchanged" handling.

However, it is "just" cosmetic (nothing else would happend, except the wrong
state is displayed). And it is fixed now.

Good to know.

Sorry, we have no test case for this yet :/

No need to feel sorry, thing break, thing get fixed. This is called progress ;-)
A test case is always a good idea, though.

While at it, you might want to look into:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:frispete:python/python-zdaemon/openSUSE_12.1/i586

This is a strange biest: the test code just creates a file and tests for it
later on. This is the only failing instance after a full package rebuild,
which looks much better than before. Two or three weeks ago, OBS managed
to fail 2/3 builds of this project. I didn't observe this anywhere else.
It might be related to the type of host, where the build happens, now that
we have two of them.

Sorry for not reporting this earlier, but customer/project needs always take
precedence.

Cheers,
Pete