Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Comment titles
On 05.09.2013 13:34, Shayon Mukherjee wrote:
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Shayon,

Hi Stephan,

I know I'm pretty late to point that out, but why are there titles to
comments? Looking at the comments added so far, they either repeat
things written in the description or could have easily added there.

Well, the idea behind comment titles were that since we were going to
have threaded discussions and 'n' number of those; It would get easier
for people to maintain and observe comments just by reading the title
for the discussion being initiated. Each thread can be of different
subjects, being talked and discussed differently and hence the title.

But yes, as you point out titles are not being used as we imagined in
the beginning :). IMO we should just wait for a little while, until an
announcement is made about the commenting system. If people still use
it the same way, then we can just get rid of it. Though I am afraid
people observing comments by title might lose track of how the
discussions are being carried on.

I don't imagine the comment system to replace the mailing lists
actually. E.g. discussing issues on github is without threading and
titles and still works quite fine :)

Greetings, Stephan