Re: [opensuse-buildservice]
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 00:21:37 +0800
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Stephan van den Akker
<stephanv778@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yesterday I noticed that the removal of the repository

/repositories/Application:/Geo/openSUSE_11.4/

OpenSuSE 11.4 is presently on Evergreen LTS, and we use the software
in this repo at the office on our GIS workstation.

Hi, Stephan,

Those SRs are both correct.

openSUSE_11.4 and openSUSE_12.1 are EOL.

The correct repository name for 11.4 LTS is openSUSE:Evergreen:11.4
(Evergreen_11.4).

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE%3AEvergreen%3A11.4

Although they're actually of the same content, I think making a
proposal to add a LTS repo is easier to get accepted than not to
remove an EOL one.

Because for a large project like openSUSE, to ensure procedures and
process are implemented correctly is the key factor to success/easy
maintenance, XD.

PS: This set of SRs are created by a server script based on the repo
name, so if you pick a wrong name, even if you can survive this
cleanup, you will still have trouble next time.

Greetings

Marguerite