[opensuse-buildservice] Re: /usr/lib -> /usr/share in build package
On 08/14/2013 12:42 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
That doesn't make sense.

Rationale stated by FHS:
This hierarchy is intended to be shareable among all architecture platforms of a given OS; thus, for example, a site with i386, Alpha, and PPC platforms might maintain a single /usr/share directory that is centrally-mounted. Note, however, that /usr/share is generally not intended to be shared by different OSes or by different releases of the same OS.

> All user-callable scripts are also located in bindir, not datadir.
That is because user-callable scripts are in /usr/bin, which is mixture of arch dependent files and arch independent files, which can not be split.

I just want to package the build script and one of the task is to get rid of rpmlint errors. And rpmlint say: files in /usr/lib contains just non-binary files, therefore it should go /usr/share. So I'm just following.

--
Miroslav Suchy,
Red Hat, Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys