Re: [opensuse-buildservice] /usr/lib -> /usr/share in build package
On 8/13/2013 11:57 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
On 08/13/2013 04:53 PM, Michal Vyskocil wrote:
I know that venerable FHS might not be a valid authority nowadays, but

/usr/lib includes object files, libraries, and internal binaries that
are not intended to be executed directly by users or **shell scripts**.

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLIBRARIESFORPROGRAMMINGANDPA

*not intended to be executed by shell scripts* - which does not means
that shell script are allowed there.

And full quote is:
/usr/lib includes object files, libraries, and internal binaries that
are not intended to be executed directly by users or shell scripts. [22]

See footnote 22
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#FTN.AEN1389
[22] Miscellaneous architecture-independent application-specific
static files and subdirectories must be placed in /usr/share.

To me that means that an icon goes in /usr/share and a shell function goes in /usr/lib.

What exactly are you proposing to change and why?

--
bkw