Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Problems with build job constraints
Am Donnerstag, 25. Juli 2013, 09:15:11 schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
Hi,

at Packman we have the problem that a package with build job
constraints remains indefinetly in scheduled state although the
memory constraints should be satisfied by at least some build
hosts. What could be the problem or how can we further diagnose
this?

A common mistake is to use constraints when you just have chroot workers.

Since stuff like memory or disk space are never guaranteed with chroot,
the workers do not offer this requirement at all.

So, when you require a certain amount of memory or disk space, your jobs
will never start.

Solution is either to use kvm/xen build systems or not to use constraints
for memory or disk space.

More details are at
http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2013-July/012114.html
and