Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Spec file for obs?
Am Freitag, 2. August 2013, 11:47:57 schrieb Miroslav Suchý:
On 07/02/2013 02:57 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
But I can update it in git as well ...

It would be nice if it can be updated in git as well. Because then I can
track the changes.

Okay, so far it was just much easier for me to maintain it directly in OBS.
But I have changed this now to take the spec file from git, so it will become
easier for use to work on that.

Just the version will still be updated by the

Yes, I know that osc can track version of spec as well. But it really
does not help with finding e.g. why
BuildRequires: perl-XML-Parser
+BuildRequires: xorg-x11-server
PreReq: /usr/sbin/useradd /usr/sbin/groupadd
happened. Because osc could not 'blame', while git can.

I know that updating something on two locations sucks, so I prepared OBS
releaser for Tito [1]. Which can help you to pack sources and spec and
send it to OBS. I will elaborate on this, once this PR will be accepted
and new version released.

[1] https://github.com/dgoodwin/tito/pull/91

hm, I have not looked at it directly, but I personally do like a server side
hosted approach, like the source services better. In that way it is documented
how to update sources while looking at it and it is reproducable and can
be verified.

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg