Re: [opensuse-buildservice] noarch, debian and arm packages

Quoting Volker Kuhlmann <list0570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

When are noarch packages built? It's not a selectable architecture. I
enabled the two arm distros in my home project but a stand-alone noarch
package doesn't build. Something complains about a missing rpm-build
dependency.

What are the steps for Debian x86 packages? I only see failures. And
there's no rpmlint output and nothing equivalent for debian.

The OBS documentation is silent on all this as far as I can tell.

In essence, a noarch package is a 100% normal package, built on i586 and x86_64, but 'marked' as the result being noarch.

So the normal i586 and x86_64 schedulers will pick it up (in theory, you could disable one of the two builds; hardle ever done though).

Dominique