[opensuse-buildservice] Re: RAR crack tool permitted on OBS?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 22:10:43 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 23:57:37 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Saturday 2013-07-27 22:57, Greg Freemyer wrote:

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Not to mention that password cracking, in my IANAL view (because
IANAL), isn't illegal at all. At least in my jurisdiction.

It is not in most jurisdictions, but Germany has some of the strictest
laws for computer hacking tool distribution and openSUSE follows German
law for the repositories.

If it really was like that, why do we still have traceroute and nmap?

Arguably, those tools are diagnostic tools, not password cracking tools.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson