Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: RAR crack tool permitted on OBS?
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not to mention that password cracking, in my IANAL view (because
IANAL), isn't illegal at all. At least in my jurisdiction.

It is not in most jurisdictions, but Germany has some of the strictest
laws for computer hacking tool distribution and openSUSE follows
German law for the repositories.

Given that tools like metasploit are readily available to the bad
guys, it seems important that vulnerability testers have the same
access to the tools. Maybe that class of security tools could go into
pacman (or maybe they already do).

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer