[opensuse-buildservice] package maintenance...am i doing this correctly?
  • From: Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 08:55:30 -0400
Hello All,

I'm trying to update the sudo package in opensuse12.3 from the package
in Base:System and I've been asked to create an mbranch, merge and
commit the changes, then create a new maintenancerequest. I've been
reviewing the package maintenance page,
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_maintenance, and I just want
to ensure i'm doing things properly before i commit things.

I've created a branch of openSUSE:12.3:Update/sudo and checked out
Base:System/sudo and "merged" them by manually coping the updated/new
sources from Base:System/sudo into the branch, adding them, removing
the old sources. I know I need to sync up the .changes but I don't
want to simply overwrite the branches because there is 1 change added
to the update that isn't in the Base:System package.

I'm I going about this correctly or is there a better way to "merge"
the changes? Should I be concerned about keeping the .changes entry or
just clobber it, and include the bug number in the new .changes?

Thanks!

--
Later,
Darin