Re: [opensuse-buildservice] createrepo problems
Am Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 08:19:45 schrieb guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx:
Hi

----- Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
I'm using the OBS packages with version 2.4.4-4.1 (obs-api, obs-server,
etc.)

I have createrepo-0.9.9-4.1.1 installed.

It seems that my OBS instance has started having problems running
createrepo:

yum/zypper repodata is no longer being generated correctly

They no longer have the full list of the RPM packages that are
published. I can look inside the repodata/primary.xml.gz, and many
packages that are configured to be published are not in the repo data.

The packages themselves are placed into the download location - there's
just no repodata that catalogs the package's existence to yum/zypper.

I've checked and re-checked that both the project and package
publishing is enabled.

The problem doesn't appear to be related to any particular
distribution; it happens across the board, on RHEL, SLES, openSUSE, and
Fedora.

/srv/obs/log/publisher.log has entries like the following:

running createrepo
Worker 0: Traceback (most recent call last):
Worker 0: File "/usr/share/createrepo/worker.py", line 99, in <module>
syncing database (11 ops)
waiting for an event...

I'm not sure if that is actually a problem, as in looking at
bs_publish, it seems clear that if there's a failure, a message will be
printed "createrepo failed re-running without extra options", and the
repo will be regenerated again. I'm not seeing the error message.

As a minor diagnostic, I pivoted the repodata directory out of place, and
ran:
createrepo .

That completed without problems, and the generated repo appears to have
the data needed.

However, as OBS isn't generating the repodata properly, it's still a
problem.

Does anyone have an ideas what I can do to find out what is happening,
and where the error is?

This is a known problem. Revert to createrepo 0.9.8 as a workaround.

Yes, I do require createrepo version 0.9.8 now as hard dependency until
it gets fixed.

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg