Re: [opensuse-buildservice] GSoC: Setitng up API calls for OBS Discussion system
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013, 20:31:29 schrieb Shayon Mukherjee:
Hello,

My mentor and myself have worked on how commenting will work inside
OBS[api] and accordingly [webui] talk to [api]. Below mentioned are
the calls I am plan on setting up. Examples are provided at most of
the areas.

In short, I like it :)

:)

GET /source/<project>/_comments?limit=10&offset=0

Arguments:

project - Project name

Parameter:

limit - Limit the number of retrieved comments

maybe we should have a default here to avoid that simple implementations
download too much.

offset - offset received comments by offset

To obtain comments posted for a project

Example:

<comments project=”home:name” size=”2” limit=”10” offset=”0”>

hm, if we can avoid project attribute, we can stay more compatible. Means old
clients would maybe able to handle comments on objects.

What about

type="project" object="home:name"

or

type="package" object="home:name::package"

or

type="request" object="42"

so the xml schema does not change when a comment is attached to some new
object?

As an alternative way, we could stay with the project attribute, but in that
case we could simplify the comment modifcation to

POST /request/_comments

That sounds like a great idea. Although, my familiarity with OBS and
its architecture is still developing. That being said, I wonder if
allowing old clients handle comments, may break something along the
way. That being said, restricting comments to types - projects,
packages and requests, is a limited and I think is a good start.
Evenutally we can expand or open it allowing further collaboration.

Just a thought. Will probabaly discuss further with my mentor.

Anybody else, feel free to pitch in ;).

However, I have no strong opinion here, take it as a loud thinking and feel
free to ignore it ;)

Thanks. Really appreciate your input here :).

bye
adrian

(AG
Nürnberg)