Re: [opensuse-buildservice] GSoC: Setitng up API calls for OBS Discussion system
Am Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013, 20:31:29 schrieb Shayon Mukherjee:
Hello,

My mentor and myself have worked on how commenting will work inside
OBS[api] and accordingly [webui] talk to [api]. Below mentioned are
the calls I am plan on setting up. Examples are provided at most of
the areas.

In short, I like it :)

GET /source/<project>/_comments?limit=10&offset=0

Arguments:

project - Project name

Parameter:

limit - Limit the number of retrieved comments

maybe we should have a default here to avoid that simple implementations
download too much.

offset - offset received comments by offset

To obtain comments posted for a project

Example:

<comments project=”home:name” size=”2” limit=”10” offset=”0”>

hm, if we can avoid project attribute, we can stay more compatible. Means old
clients would maybe able to handle comments on objects.

What about

type="project" object="home:name"

or

type="package" object="home:name::package"

or

type="request" object="42"

so the xml schema does not change when a comment is attached to some new
object?

As an alternative way, we could stay with the project attribute, but in that
case we could simplify the comment modifcation to

POST /request/_comments

However, I have no strong opinion here, take it as a loud thinking and feel
free to ignore it ;)

bye
adrian

(AG