Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to add repository to local OBS instance
Am Freitag, 7. Juni 2013, 22:52:28 schrieb Stefan Cocora:
Hi Adrian,

A couple of questions inline to clarify what I have to do:

On 28/05/13 09:00, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Montag, 27. Mai 2013, 17:15:33 wrote Stefan Cocora:
Thanks for your response Philipp,

To confirm, yes my local instance is connected to opensuse.org
Can I have my local obs connected with opensuse.org and at the same

time create another project that tracks packages locally ?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "If you want to hold the

project including the packages locally".

Doesn't creating another project and adding rpm/deb manually mean that

I'm holding the packages and and the project locally ?

If you want to binary import some packages, create some repo somewhere via
osc or webui. Ideally in an empty project without sourceshe

Afterwards, you can create the :full directory in

/srv/obs/build/$project/$repo/$arch/:full

and copy your binaries inside. Last, you need to tell the scheduler to
scan it via

obs_admin --rescan-repository <project> <repository> <architecture>

If this new repo has the Ubuntu repo inside it's path, it is enough to
build against your new repo in your projects.

Let's see if I understand this correctly:

- create a project with the desired repository

- I've created
/srv/obs/build/home\:stefan\:localubuntu/xUbuntu_13.04/x86_64/\:full on
the obsserver

yes

- I do a osc co of home\:stefan\:localubuntu on my laptop
- I add miro as a package inside this project + osc add and commit

no, you should not create packages or build in that project. It will work,
but you will always have the problem to sort out what is injected and
what not.

- do I run rescan-repository after adding the miro packages ?

just copy the binaries you want to inject into that :full directory and run
the rescan.

- Where should I add the ubuntu repo ? "If this new repo has the Ubuntu
repo inside it's path..."

If your home:stefna:localubuntu/xUbuntu_13.04 repo has a path pointing
to the standard Ubuntu:13.04/standard repo, you can use your repo in other
projects as path. It will get packages from both projects, but prefer the
packages from your :localubuntu

Regards,
Stefan